Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3: A Favorite Book

I have many. I *adore* books with everything in me but top of the list right now would have to be Flipped by Wendilin Van Draanen. I've read it five times since I got it from my aunt for my birthday a few years ago. It's a romantic comedy about a girl named Julianna (who is probably one of my fave fiction characters) and her neighbor Bryce and their relationship from 2nd to 8th grade. It's adorable where it should be, funny where it should be and also surprisingly profound where it should be. It has everything a good book should and I highly recommend it, whether you've read it already or not. They recently made a movie about it and where I was pleased that they basically stuck to the original plot line, I wasn't pleased with much else. They changed Bryce's hair and eye color, they set it in the wrong time period, they changed a few names and the girl who played Julianna was so not up to par with the standards I had set. I recommend reading the book BEFORE the movie if you see the movie at all. The book is much better. Trust me. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...