Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 23: A Way in Which You Want to be Remembered

I want to be remembered as the crazy Jesus Follower with no fear. I want to be remembered for opening a house for pregnant teenage girls to live in when they've been rejected by the rest of the world. I want to be remembered as the girl who never stopped singing. I want to be remembered as something next to normal. I want to be remembered as brilliant.

Iridescent.

Independent.

Vivacious.

I want to be remembered for the things I did and the things I didn't do. I want to be remembered for the lives I pointed to Jesus and the lives I saved from abortion. I want to be remembered for the talents I helped people develop. I want to be remembered for the standards I set for myself - and kept to. I want to be remembered as an explorer.

A star.

A dare-devil.

A hero.

I want to be remembered for living in the moment, for having no regrets and for never looking back. I want to be remembered as the crazy right-brained, right winger who never stepped down from a fight. I want to be remembered as sunshine and moonlight. I want to be remembered as abnormally bright.

Unusually cheerful.

Exceptionally optimistic.

Ridiculously brave.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
~Bill Mckenna
I want to be remembered like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...