Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 21: Something You Know You Do Better Than Most People

Weeeeell I don't really want to be conceited or anything. I have a few different gifts and abilities and I am so blessed by God! But I have to post something.

So.

I'll post something I think I do better than most who are in the public eye today.

Song writing.

This is one of the talents I have that not many know about. I *adore* writing songs and because of this thingy I'll post some of my lyrics I wrote this summer.

Summer Again

Verse One
Speeding down that old dusty road
Convertible top down
I'm thinking to myself
Dang my life is good
I've got my Wayfarers
You've got your worn out jeans
The music's blaring loud
I'm right where I wanna be

Pre-Chorus
It's finally here
Finally here

Chorus
Spring is finally over
The sun is shining brighter
The day's already ours so
Let's go rock the world
But now I know that Summer
Doesn't last forever
Soon this will all be over
There's just one thing I will ask
Won't you wake me up when it's Summer again

Verse Two
Staying out until after dark
Swimming pools, amusement parks
I'm thinking to myself
I wish this could last forever
It doesn't get much better than this
Short shorts and our hair a mess
Sleeping in till after noon
Spending all my time with you

Bridge
Only nine more months
And then we'll rock the world once more
But now it's back to the books
I wish I could go flying out that door
It keeps me awake
It keeps my focused
But I'm anticipating
The freedom I know is coming
It's coming

3 comments:

  1. I love it! You're good at writing songs. :) This makes me miss summer really, really, really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sky! You did an awesome, awesome job on that song! :D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe thanks guys! I might make a video of me singing it and post it later :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...