Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 4: A Novel or Author that has Inspired Something in Your Writing Style

I won't complain about only being able to pick one this time. Mostly because it's getting old. And you're probably getting annoyed. Anyway!

I pick Victor Hugo.

Why? Well those of you who have been reading my blog for a long time know about my love of his Les Miserables and his character Enjolras. You also know that I just recently finished my third novel, Uritus and the Sword of Fire.

What you do not know is that Uritus's inspirational speech he gives before the city goes to war, and the character of Uritus himself were heavily influenced by Enjolras and his speech. It wasn't originally this way. But after I read Les Mis and Enjolras's speech I was so taken by it (and him) that I had to bring some Enjolras-type aspects into my own book. So I did.

Uritus's character has developed so much because of the Enjolras influence that I find myself liking him even more than I did in the first place. Yes, Victor Hugo definitely had a huge part in the making of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...