Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

And That's All She Wrote {Day 6}


Sam ignored the sound of the phone ringing as he violently splashed paint onto a canvas. "This will show her." He huffed. "If she doesn't understand how I feel after this than she must be heartless." He stuck his tongue out of the side of his mouth and cocked his head debating where to add paint next.

The phone rang again breaking his train of thought and he picked it up with frustration. "Hello!" He barked into the mouthpiece.

"Sam?"

He rolled his eyes at the feminine voice on the other side of the line. "What do you want, Jessie?"

"I just thought maybe we could talk-"

"You thought wrong!" He cut her off. "I told you, we're over. I made a mistake. A big one and I'm trying to fix it."

"She'll never believe you . . ."

"Well I'm going to try anyway!" He hung up on her for the seventh time that weekend and picked up his brush again. He took a deep breath. "Where was I?"

He was painting the picture of the place where he and Kait had shared their first kiss - the top of the Ferris wheel on the boardwalk. He'd made a huge mistake by asking Jessie to tutor him. When Kait showed up she'd jumped to the worst conclusion and she didn't let him explain before she stormed out of his life. She wouldn't answer her phone or texts, she dropped him on Facebook, and any time she saw him at school she just skated around him.

Well now it was May - a week before prom - and he intended to win her back. He knew she didn't already have a date because she was determined to fly solo, so he still had a chance, however minute that chance was. "There!" He smudged a few more colors on the canvas. "Perfect!" He wiped his hands on a towel and then sat down to draft a note to Kait.

Meet me under the boardwalk after school. I have something I want to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...