Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Anywhere

Listening to: She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5

The beginning of this song: makes me think of coffee shop music.

I have a strange urge, Friends. I really want to get inside a crappy Volvo, open the sunroof, roll the windows down, crank the metal remix of "Apologize" up as loud as it will go and fly down a highway at 90 MPH at 11 at night. Sigh.

Don't ask me why. Mostly because it's a long story that I don't feel like writing out right now. Maybe I'll write a book about it someday in college. When I wear massive glasses and scarves and hang out in coffee shops on the weekends writing poetry with all the other hipsters.

Anyway.

I really want to go somewhere. Anywhere at all. I'm in one of those moods where Colorado just isn't enough for me right now. I honestly don't care where I go. I just need to go.

Take me to a field in the middle of Kansas . . . the geographical center of the 48 connected U.S. states.

Take me to a cliff overlooking the Pacific ocean in California somewhere.

Take me to the top of Mount Everest where we'll feel like we've conquered the world.

Take me to busy Times Square in the middle of Manhattan where we have to hold hands to avoid being separated.

Take me to the Arc de Triomphe where we can see all of Paris from that one corner on the top.

Take me to a market in Morocco so loud and crazy we can't hear ourselves think.

Take me to a place so dark we forget who we are, a place so windy we feel like we can fly, a place so perfect we'll never want to leave.

Let's go.

Right now.
Sometimes when you get lost on purpose you're lucky enough to get caught up in an adventure that is quite magical. ~Natalie Lloyd.
Let's find someplace beautiful to get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...