Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

No Ordinary Girl

I'm the type of girl who prefers lime green over hot pink, jeans over mini skirts and Converse over heels. I'd rather have raspberries than chocolate. I write more than I shop. I prefer to talk in person rather than text. I know more about baseball than I do designer labels.

I'm the type of girl who will go to the mall to spend hours sitting in Boarders reading books. I'd rather play baseball than cheer-lead. I'd rather own a Jeep than a sports car. I'd rather work at a bookstore than a clothing store.

I'm the type of girl who'll spend her free time trying to get kicked out of Wal-Mart. I'd take a cheeseburger over a rice cake any day. I'd rather dance in the rain than worry about getting dirty. I chase after stray dogs more than boys. I'd rather risk humiliation for who I am than to be considered popular for who I'm not.

I'm the type of girl who makes up Plan B on the spot. I'm more obsessed with Aaron Tveit than Orlando Bloom. I cover my walls with my own works of art rather than posters of celebrities. I'd rather be called beautiful than hot. I prefer smoothies to lattes.

I'm anything but ordinary. I'm extraordinary. I'm nothing like others. I'm just me. I'll never be normal. But something next to normal is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...