Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Inner Workings of Charity's Mind

In all my fifteen years of life I've come to notice that you can tell a lot about a person (especially a girl) by which song they choose as their favorite. Choosing a favorite song isn't one of those things you just do though. You don't wake up in the morning and say, "I think I'll choose my favorite song today." No. A song just becomes your favorite because the lyrics are powerful or the tune is catchy or the message is one you love. Weird as it sounds, there's just some sort of connection between you and the song.

I actually have a gadget on this blog with my top five favorite songs on it. Scroll down the page a ways and you'll see it on the right under a picture of myself. The songs aren't really in order, I love them all the same, but my all time favorite song isn't on there. Playlist.com can't find it. It's called "Run Away With Me" from The Unauthorized Biography of Samantha Brown, Aaron Tveit's version (listen to it here). Why is this my favorite song? Listen to him sing it. Watch him perform it and tell me it's not perfect.

It starts out soft. Just a guy singing to a girl. The lyrics are so honest. He's singing to a girl named Sam about how he loves her and asks her to run away with him (hence the title). He tells her how nervous he is and that he knows running away is hard to do but he loves her.

So the lyrics are one of the reasons I love it. Another is the tune/music. It's not too showy or over the top. For the majority of the song it's just a piano and his voice. And it's perfect. A song like this one doesn't need a lot of fancy instrumentals to make it good.

But lastly is his performance of it. Go back and watch it again but this time just watch him. He looks at the same place every time as if Sam were actually there. He uses hand motions and facial expressions to act the part. I walked away from watching it the first time thinking, "I'll run away with you, Aaron!"

Yeah it's perfect. Not for everybody but just right for me. I'm in love with it. I really hope some guy sings it to me someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...