Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

In Which Charity Explains (Mostly For Taylor Lynn) Why She Is Not Getting Married

Okay. Where to begin?

Well I decided this quite some time ago and remembering why I did is going to take some brain power.

*adjusts thinking cap*

I don't plan on getting married. Why? There are a lot of reasons. Number one being that God gave me a compassionate heart. Basically, there are several things I want to do with my life: Move to Africa to work with Invisible Children, open a home for pregnant teenage girls, the list goes on. I guess I think that if I was to get married, I'd be distracted from all the goals God has put on my heart to accomplish. If I have to take care of a husband, that'll just slow me down.

Numero deux. My favorite character in the Bible is Paul (formerly Saul, went blind, you know the story). I want to be like him, and all of Jesus's other disciples. They never got married; they dedicated their whole lives to bringing people to Christ. When He left us, He gave us one final command, "Preach the gospel to all nations." And to put it short, that's what I want to do.

And finally, I don't think there is a guy good enough. I'm not saying that in a depressed way, like, "Oh ehm gee I need a boyfriend or I'll die." No. Just the opposite. I'm very content in my single stage and I plan on staying this way. Plus, what guy would be willing to live in a house full of bi-polar pregnant teenagers? No guy I've ever met. That's not to say that there isn't a guy; there might be. But until God brings him to me, I'm sticking with this mindset.

You probably think I'm insane right? Well this is just for now. If my Designer decides to bring me a guy, who's a sold-out, passionate Jesus follower, funny, smart, respectful, and willing to go along with EVERY SINGLE ONE of my insane life plans then fine. I'll change my mind. But I'm not going to spend my whole life waiting for the dude. He can come to me.

So there. I think I explained it well enough. Ask any questions below, I'm ready to answer :)

*Random fangirl moment*

If the perfect guy for me also happens to look like this . . .


I won't object.

4 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you have goals and know what you want to do. :) A home for pregnant teenagers sounds like a great idea, though I don't know if it's quite my thing... I don't know how I'd do with so many "bi-polar pregnant teenagers" around, as you put it! ;)

    Very interesting, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this interesting, because I happen to feel the same way. There's too much that I want to do, and I feel that having a husband or even just being in a relationship would make me change my mind or make decisions based on how it would affect the other person. I don't want to be held back by someone else, and I don't know of any guy that would want to even try to keep up with me :)

    Also, a verse about this subject: 1 Corinthians 7:34-35-- "An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world--how she can please her husband. (35) I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivied devotion to the Lord."
    Singleness is a gift from God so that your thoughts can be more focused on pleasing Him-not split between pleasing two.

    But then again, it's not that marriage isn't important, but it's not for everyone. I do think it's a very honorable thing to be a wife and mother, after all, the biggest influences in our lives tend to be our parents, but I don't think that's where God wants me.
    Also, I don't see myself getting married because Biblically, a man is the head of the family. And I don't want to give up that freedom; to let a (sinful, like myself) human make decisions that affect me. I'm independant, and I couldn't be a very obedient wife if my husband told me to not have a job, or wanted to move somewhere far away, or something like that. When the only one you're answering to is God, you know he's not going to make a bad decision. So yeah. There's my little rant. :)

    Hope you're enjoying Cambodia!

    -Emily, Onceuponaworddocument.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see someone else shares my mindset :) And yes, Cambodia was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting. :) I enjoyed hearing someone who is articulate explain their reasons. Although I don't totally agree, thank-you for sharing. I pray that God would bless you and that you would live in utter submission to His will, whatever it might be!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...