Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Twenty-Eleven

Listening to Teenage Dream by Boyce Avenue trying to grasp the fact that 2010 is gone. Forever. What we did during last year is set in history never to be erased. Isn't it terrifying?

I spent last night in a way that I hadn't planned. I'd spent the previous night sleeping over at a friend's house watching movies so I was exhausted. I fell asleep when I got home and woke up around six to find out that I had to go somewhere for New Years Eve. I think it's fair to say that I was less than thrilled about this. We went to Good Times for dinner and then went to The Springs Church to spend three hours watching my little brother play in bounce houses while we waited for the SONICFLOOd concert.

I'd planned to spend New Years Eve with my best friend. I'd planned to sing online karaoke and post home music videos on facebook. I'd planned to write a song that we can dance to and watch Inception. But obviously my plans didn't work out.

The concert was pretty good. I actually liked the opening band better than the main one but it was still okay. I then went home, watched the ball drop and ate popcorn before falling asleep and dreaming about how I was a spy and Justin Bartha (Riley Poole) was my nerdy assistant.

My New Years Eve was okay. I've had better. But I went to sleep disappointed that my plans hadn't worked out. Just this morning I realized that God was trying to tell me something. I live on Earth. Chances are my plans aren't going to work out most of the time. So why do I make plans anyway?

I'm one of those people who have to have a plan made out. I know I'm not going to stick to it but I need something there to play off of. I improv at life but I still need that security. I get it now though. I need to fully give my life over to God and I can't do that until I stop trying to plan out my life. I need to give him complete control.

Of course I'm still going to plan what career I go into and what college I attend. But I won't be devastated if my plans don't work out. I'll trust that God knows what He's doing (and He does). I won't focus so much on what I want to do rather than what He wants me to do.

I don't have a resolution this year. I never keep them so I'm not going to set one. But that doesn't mean I'll stop loving, living and learning the way He wants me to. I'm going into twenty-eleven with a Tracy Turnblad attitude, "Don't make me wait one more moment for my life to start!" This is going to be the best year ever. It'll be this year, twenty-eleven, that I learn to defy gravity.

Let's rock this year.

I'm ready God.

Show me what I'm supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I *adore* comments! Keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...